Sunday, April 7, 2013

NAB 2013 IS UPON US


  This year's show is starting this week.  The exhibits open tomorrow and I plan to be there at first opening.  

  I usually have several things that I want to see but this year's list is pretty slim.  The "hot tip" seems to be "4K" cameras and the associated gear to support them, including displays.  There is an official name for such resolution - Ultra High Definition TV - UHDTV.

  One thing that I do want to look at is a new electronically-stabilized camera mount.  Although quite expensive, it is intriguing because it uses a totally new form of stabilization.  This is the Movi M10.  Here's a video made using it:



  Here's a "behind-the-scenes" of using the Movi M10 to make the preceding video:



  There will undoubtedly be other things of interest popping up while I'm here.  Let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like me to investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment