Friday, September 30, 2011

TEMPUS FUGIT PART 2

  In a recent blog post I show how I was modifying the TempusALL mechanical intervalometer to work with my Leica M9 digital rangefinder camera.  Since that time I've been testing the setup.


  Show below is a short video done with the setup.  It is best viewed full screen.





  A downside in using the Leica for timelapse is the fairly short battery life.  I'm only able to get about 300 shots per battery charge.  Unfortunately, the Leica doesn't have an external power source capability.  Nor is it easy to change the battery during a timelapse collection.


  The video above was created in our backyard in Tucson.  You'll notice that the stars are rotating about Polaris (the North Star).


  If there weren't so much light pollution in Tucson the Milky Way should have been visible.  I'm looking forward to getting away from the city and getting much clearer views of the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment