Friday, August 12, 2011

A NEW BLOG DESIGN

   When CLam's Blog began it was created using iWeb, an Apple website development and hosting application.  I liked it because it was easy to create webpages and could be easily uploaded.  Unfortunately, iWeb is going away in 2012 for some reason known only to Apple.
   
  There are several alternatives to iWeb for creating a blog.  After looking at several I have, at least for the time-being, decided on Blogger, an application by Google.  After playing around with it for awhile, it seems to provide all the capability that I need for my posts.  So for the time-being I'm switching to Blogger for my blog posts. Of course, that may change in the future.
   
  You'll notice that is the second blog post using Blogger.  The first post, below, contains a link to the iWeb posts.  At least all the great stuff in those posts will be available until sometime in 2012.  There's also a link to the old blog's archive at the bottom of this post
   
  Another new feature available with Blogger is the capability for you to subscribe to the blog via email.  That is, if you enter your email address down at the end of a post, and subsequently verify the subscription, you'll automatically get an email notifying you of a new blog posting.  I'll continue to send out emails to my email list when I upload a new posting until you tell me you've subscribed to the blog. 

  Constructive comments welcome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment